[OPE-L:8028] Michael Eldred

From: OPE-L Administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 17:39:46 EST

Michael Eldred, one of the founding figures of value-form theory,  has
joined our list.  He is currently in Cologne, Germany.

His email address is  artefact@t-online.de (Michael Eldred)

Michael introduces himself as follows:
================================
> About myself:
> I earn my money with translations from German into English mainly in
> the area of art and business. I studied mathematics and then
> philosophy at Sydney University. My philosophy teachers at Sydney
> included David Armstrong, Wal Suchting, Georgy Markus (Ph.D.
> supervisor), John
> Burnheim. My Ph.D. (Sydney Univ. 1984), which finished on a research
> grant at Constance University during collaboration with a Constance
> lecturer at the time, Volkbert Mike Roth (and Lucy Kleiber and Marnie
> Hanlon), deals mainly with Marx (Das Kapital) and also with Hegel
> (Rechtsphilosophie), specifically the problem of reassessing the value
> theory and, on its basis, thinking through the social forms of
> bourgeois-capitalist society.
>
> Today I'm still interested in the question and the problem of social
> being, but the scope has widened to draw intensively on the thinking
> of especially Heidegger, Aristotle and Plato as well as the classical
> literature on political philosophy and political economy. The
> phenomenon of value I now see in a different light which seems only to
> baffle my erstwhile Marxist friends.
>
> Some of my work over the last decade is available at
> http://www.webcom.com/artefact/ It concerns mainly aspects of social
> being (including whoness as opposed to whatness, and how world is
> shared), but also the status of music and language.
>
> Michael
> _-_-_-_-_-_-_-  artefact text and translation _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
> http://www.webcom.com/artefact/ _-_-_- artefact@webcom.com
Michael:  Welcome aboard!

In solidarity, Jerry