(OPE-L) Re: Subcase missing on Chapter 3, Vol III

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 09:43:59 EDT

Paolo  wrote:

> pī1 = (sī1/sī)(C/C1)pī,
> where pī1=rate of profit modified
>           sī1=rate of surplus value modified
>            sī=original rate of surplus value
>            C=total capital
 >           C1=total capital modified
 >           pī=original rate of profit

Suppose, for the sake of discussion, that we accepted the above
as valid.  Does it suggest any insights that weren't developed
elsewhere by Marx?  Does it have any implications for subjects
that are analysed later by Marx or are "post-Capital" topics?

> The very motivation of that chapter suggests to me that whaever case
> there was it was supposed to be analysed there. Marx  in fact analyses
> cases that are unlikely to occur (as he himself says it). What special
> reason would have made him omit that one case? It is just not there.

I'm not convinced that this case was "supposed" to be there
(see excerpt below from a prior post).  Nor do I comprehend
yet the significance for you of it not being there (see above).

In solidarity, Jerry