Re: (OPE-L) on money, capital, and the state

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (riccardo.bellofiore@UNIBG.IT)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 06:01:56 EDT

I don't know, of course. But I suggest Costas to look at the writings
of Heinsohn and Steiger on the origin of money, an anti-Mengerian
account. Btw, I fear that we are conflating historical and logical
origin. I would argue that Marx is NOT doing historical deductions at
the beginning of Capital. Menger, yes. Schumpeter divorced the two:
he in a sense was historically Mengerian, but thought that the
logical essence of money was not in its hitorically being a commodity
at first.

rb

--

Riccardo Bellofiore