Re: (OPE-L) Monetary economics

From: Paul Bullock (paulbullock@EBMS-LTD.CO.UK)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 18:19:32 EDT

Jurriaan

FYI  Soros and co are only into basic materials, gold and swiss francs ( 40%
backed by gold still) at the moment.Why?... they think the dollar is due for
a worse bashing in 2005/6.

Your comment is contradictory... you say a commodity theory of money can't
be sustained, but when a crisis breaks out we are back with it.   The point
is that Marx proposed an understanding of fiduciary issue, credit and so on
from the basis of the money commodity, money of the world, base gold
etc..and quite apart from the fact that the petty beourgoeois economist
can't bare the thought of being equated with the unskilled gold panner or
despoiled mine worker, the money commodity is the social expression of the
abstraction by capital of all specific and concrete skills of labour and the
recognition of its homogeneous quality as human labour specifically used for
capital's self  expansion .

Best regards

paul bullock.