(OPE-L) Re: jerry

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 13:02:23 EDT

Michael L and others:  I'm OK. Thanks for the concern.  I haven't
been near a computer for a few weeks.  In general, I am only able
to check on my e-mail during the summer by luck and happenstance
-- most frequently in public libraries. I'll be back in NYC
late next week.

It was fun seeing Tony and family in Mattapoisett and taking them
out on the boat.  I also saw Bruce R earlier this summer in
Portland (where I introduced him to a $2.95 [!] 'all you dare to
eat' vegan restaurant).  Speaking of food ...

Did anyone report yet on how a large number of list members (who
represent a significant percentage of Marxists internationally
who write on political economy) could have died this summer from
shellfish poisoning in Maine ???

In solidarity, Jerry

Thanks, tony. I do think it would be terrible if we just forgot about each
 other (though you can guess how my kids felt when I killed them off
everytime they were out-of-sight for a while). Really glad to hear about
your happy sailing. Rumour has it that there's a package waiting for me at
 the office from a Smith at Iowa State--- assume it's some more great
music.  Looking forward to it! We return to Vancouver on 1 September
(assuming the  urgent meeting just convoked by Chavez in the palace
doesn't affect that!)
         un abrazo bolivariano,
            michael

>Date:         Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:31:59 -0500
>Sender: OPE-L <OPE-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU>
>From: Tony Smith <tonys@IASTATE.EDU>
>Subject: Re: [OPE-L] jerry
>To: OPE-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU
>
>My wife and I had the good fortune of going on a beautiful boat ride in
Buzzard's Bay with Jerry on August 9.  He was having a wonderful summer,
including having his sail boat be adopted by a whale.  But he was without
a cell phone or internet access.  His plan then was to keep sailing until
the last possible moment before classes began.

>Tony
>

>At 04:05 PM 8/23/2004, you wrote:
>>Has anyone heard anything about Jerry Levy? It's been quite a while
since we've heard from him-- maybe the longest ever. I know he went off
sailing, but he does come into port and does have a bad heart.