Re: [OPE-L] The Death of Mary Malloy

From: Cyrus Bina (binac@MRS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Sat Dec 18 2004 - 15:08:26 EST

Dear All:

This news is heartbreaking and tough, particularly for those of us who knew
her.  She was forthright Marxian political economist and genuine activist,
with an superb historical understanding and sharp sense of methodology. The
last time I saw her, she was attending the URPE Summer Conference
(2003)--and my talks on the oil and US invasion of Iraq.  What a great
loss--what a great loss....

Thanks, Jerry.

Cyrus

Cyrus Bina, Ph.D.
Distinguished Research Professor of Economics and Management
206 Camden Hall
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 East 4th Street
Morris, MN 56267-2132