Re: [OPE-L] how will they COPE?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 14:13:28 EDT

Jerry,
Why not submit to CoPE a critical analysis of TSSI and see if they publish it?
In fact I would guess that they are most interested in submissions
critical of TSSI;
Kliman and Freeman seem to enjoy debating Mongiovi, Foley, Laibman,
Mohun and Venziani.

My guess is that CoPE would publish a short note by me on their
apparent mis-handling
of the use value aspects of the accumulation process.

You seem most concerned with v=0 assumption. I don't remember any other
substantive criticism. Which is amazing given how much ink you have given to
TSSI personalities. At any rate, your note would be a short critical
one. And since no one
else seems to agree with you that it's an important criticism in
itself, I don't
think you'll have to worry about competitive submissions. It's of
course possible
that other critics of TSSI would not agree with you about the
importance of your one
critical point. But that would not result from a lack of commitment
to pluralism.

At any rate, I am glad to see that you are refreshed and forward
looking after another
summer of solitary boating.

I do wonder why Gary who has actually published on the topic is less
suspicious of the CoPE's editors' intentions than you are.

Of course Gary has an exemplary record of publishing rival
interpretations to his own
in his excellent journal. And perhaps he is willing to assume the
best of others.

Rakesh