Re: [OPE-L] The roots of value theory

From: Diego Guerrero (diego.guerrero@CPS.UCM.ES)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 17:35:19 EST

Hi, Jurrian,

I agree with your points and some other interesting ideas of your wiki
entry, especially the importance of distinguishing between real and ideal
prices. But what I wanted to point out is related with what Jerry was
raising in another message about the relationship between the "order of
presentation" and the "real order" of a phenomenon. In explaining his
theory, Marx himself speaks, as you did, of real prices as an approximation
of ideal prices. This makes even greater sense if one thinks that there are
"many" real prices around "one single" ideal price. But up to what point
should we say that it is rather ideal prices that approximate real prices?
What do you think?

Cheers,

      Diego