Re: [OPE-L] Incoherence of the TSSI - consensus?

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 14:38:57 EDT

> To Anders: I'm curious--what do you find objectionable about my RRPE
> paper? I concede that it is highly critical of TSSI, and that it
> expresses
> its disagreement in strong terms. But when I was writing it I tried very
> hard to address issues of substance in a careful & respectful way. In the
> end I found no merits in the position I was critiquing: but does that in
> itself mean that I was not constructively engaging with the TSSI
> position?

Gary:

You did read "Replicating Marx: A Reply to Mohun" by guess who (_Capital &
Class_, 2006), didn't you? (it's available online: search under the title)

He wrote:

"Mohun's is the first critique of the TSSI to address the interpretive
controversy in a serious, methodical way".

I guess that means that your critique from his perspective isn't even
worth chopped liver. Talk about dismissive!

It means literally that -- according to Kliman -- your critique either was
not serious and/or not methodical, and/or not concerned with the
interpretive controversy.  This same comment was directed at every other
author (other than Simon) who wrote a critique of the TSSI!

In solidarity, Jerry