[OPE] Bit of humor: forecasters tale

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sat Nov 22 2008 - 03:49:51 EST

Three forecasting guys get stuck behind their computers all night long with takeaways and an ample stash of alcohol. "I see a sign, a sign", exclaims one of them. "The economy is not recovering". The second forecaster says, "I hear a forecaster who is usually quite accurate, and he is saying that he sees a sign of the economy not recovering". The third forecaster says, "I hear a forecaster who is usually quite accurate at evaluating how accurate other forecasters are, and he says that he's heard a forecaster who sees a sign of the economy not recovering". In walks a fourth forecaster who says "You're wrong, the economy is recovering". The three forecasters are amazed, and one one of them asks "How do you know?". "It's easy", says the fourth forecaster, "I just look the other way".

Jurriaan