RE: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 13:04:15 EST

The colloquial sense is representative democracy with freedom of speech and assembly, well sumarised in the Treaty of Lisbon.
I would defend the notion of direct democracy in opposition to this, but if one talks about imperialism meaning the end of democracy
then it can not mean the end of direct democracy, as that has never been established, hence I interpreted you to mean
democracy in the colloquial sense used by the treat of Lisbon.