Re: [OPE] FWD: Reply to critics

From: Ian Wright <wrighti@acm.org>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 16:31:21 EDT

> Why is cut hair or a repaired heart not a physical product, just because the raw material is human tissue should make no difference at all.
>
> I agree with you. Just to be clear, in the context of labor-values I think
the distinction between "services" and "physical objects" is not helpful.

But the material distinction between things that can be stored and persist
over time, that are alienable, and those that cannot, is of course important
when we are thinking about stores of value, stocks of inventories etc. E.g.,
obviously haircuts could never serve as base money.

-Ian.