[OPE-L:6916] [OPE-L:406] Re: Euro?

riccardo bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:44:31 -0700

Suzanne de Brunhoff has written very often on the European single currency.
There are a lot of interesting analyses offered also by Post Keynesians,
Kaleckians, Circuitists, etc. I have not however made a bibliographical
inquiry, so I cannot at present send a representative sample of papers. If
nobody has it, I could try to send some references in the following days.

riccardo

At 7:35 -0500 30-12-1998, Gerald Levy wrote:
>The Euro is coming; The Euro is coming! (on Jan 1).
>
>Does anyone know, or can you give, a Marxist analysis of the Euro? E.g. is
>it "universal money" or does it have limitations even in Europe? Will it
>strengthen the hand of individual nations (e.g. Germany?) and weaken
>others (e.g. ?)? Does it represent something important and new (e.g. an
>international trend?) or can we expect this type of currency arrangement
>to be limited to Europe? What happens to the older forms of currency
>printed by individual nations? How is there coordination by central banks?
>How is monetary policy on the level of individual nation states in Europe
>still possible? Etc. Etc.
>
>In solidarity, Jerry
>
>PS: what does it look like?

Riccardo Bellofiore