[OPE-L:1676] RE: Re: value-form theories and the Uno-school?

Subject: [OPE-L:1676] RE: Re: value-form theories and the Uno-school?
From: makoto itoh (mktitoh@kokugakuin.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 05:32:54 EST

Dear Nicola;

You misunderstand the distinction line between two gourps of value-form
analysits. Most of Uno-thoerists including myself would disagree with the
view of Geert and others that abstract labour is definable and determinable
only thorugh commodity exchanges. Theough the relationship between the forms
and the substance of value is theoretically crucial to Marxist economics,
the logic of determination of the quantities of abstract labour can be
separable from the theory of forms of value. I have a long standing
disagreement with a gourp of Western value-form theorists on this point, and
wonder why and where you misunderstood my works. Sorry about this rough
comment, but I am too busy to write longer and more properly at the moment.

Hurriedly,
Makoto