[OPE-L:1736] Re: value-form theories

Subject: [OPE-L:1736] Re: value-form theories
From: Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 12:23:16 EST

Re Antonio's [OPE-L:1735]:

> To what are you referring as the "old reduction problem"?

The relation of skilled to unskilled labor time, where skilled, concrete
labor time is supposedly "reduced" to multiples of unskilled, abstract
labor time in Volume 1 of _Capital_. It is an "old problem" in the sense
that it appears as part of a critique of Marx's value theory that goes as
far back as Bohm-Bawerk and continues on as a controversy to the present
day (e.g. Steedman still makes this criticism).

In solidarity, Jerry

PS: I'll be away from my computer until Monday.