[OPE-L:1753] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: value form

Subject: [OPE-L:1753] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: value form
From: Ajit Sinha (ajitsinha@lbsnaa.ernet.in)
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 02:26:55 EST

I haven't had time to follow this discussion on the value-form. But my general
sense is that all such discussions go round and round in circle and get us
nowhere. I have just a few simple questions, which I hope the proponders and
followers of value form or Uno School could clearify for me.

(1) What is value?
(2) What is it that a theory of value supposed to answer?
(3) Is value a quantitative measure?
(4) If the answer to (3) is yes, then what is the unit of this measure?
(5) How do we arrive at this quantitative measure?
(6) Is total 'social labor' given ex ante or ex post?
(7) If ex ante, then how can there be unemployment in the system?
(8) If ex post, then by what mechanism the total is arrived at?
(9) How is the total social labor measured either ex ante or ex post?

Cheers, ajit sinha