[OPE-L:1763] Re: Re: Re: technical change and real wages

Subject: [OPE-L:1763] Re: Re: Re: technical change and real wages
From: Ajit Sinha (ajitsinha@lbsnaa.ernet.in)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 04:39:45 EST

michael a. lebowitz wrote:

> At 01:21 PM 11/22/1999 +0530 ajit wrote:
> >Michael, this is not fair! You cut out the most important parts of my
> post. I hope we
> >are not trying to score debating points here, but rather attempting to
> come to grips
> >with the issue....
>
> Hi ajit,
> I certainly didn't mean to cut out important parts-- only those where I
> felt there was no or little disagreement. It is frustrating, though,
> because I think we keep talking past each other (in a way that may be
> common in e-mail exchanges). Let's take this off-line (since no one else
> seems to be especially concerned in any event) to see if we can iron out
> these differences without having to worry about scoring debating points.

Sure, if nobody else has interest in this topic, let's take it off the list. But my
point in general also applies to other people on the list who are interested in
talking about changes in value etc. Unless you know what determines something, how
can you talk about how would this variable behave as a result of changes in some
other variable? Cheers, ajit sinha