[OPE-L:1779] Value form and quantitative work

Subject: [OPE-L:1779] Value form and quantitative work
P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:06:31 EST

Am I the only person on the list who finds it interesting that the value
form school, who regard the importance of value as being its existence as
"quality-less quantity", doesn't appear to include any significant body of
empirical enquiry into (changes in) the amount of this quantity, while (many
of) those who do do empirical work seem very suspicious of VF?

To avoid any misunderstanding, let me add that to me the importance of VF is
*precisely* that it motivates quantitative empirical work. So I am very keen
to hear comment from both sides on the facts alleged in the first para.

Julian