[OPE-L:1996] Re: value-form theories

Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 06:34:37 -0500 (EST)

This was intended for the list. Note the date./In solidarity, Jerry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:06:08 -0000
From: Michael J Williams <michael@williamsmj.screaming.net>
To: "Fred B. Moseley" <fmoseley@MtHolyoke.edu>
Subject: Re: [OPE-L:1937] Re: Re: value-form theories

I'm afraid I still haven't emerged from the flood-tide of commitments that
has left me as a silent lurker at my own arraignment. My co-defendent is
also lying low.

So I cannot tackle the many crucial outstanding issues that have emerged and
to which I have more or less different responses than those of the comrades
who have been expounding versions of the value-form view.

As it happens, it is a message from Fred that presents itself when I can
snatch a moment to reply. As always, Fred's contribution is thoughtful and
fully developed.

What I want to question is the central inference that he draws from the Marx
quote he cites:-