Koleman Strumpf: Conferences I organized
- Conference on Corporate Applications of Prediction/Information Markets (1 November 2007). I organized this conference which featured speakers from Microsoft, Google, GE, Best Buy, Rite-Solutions, Intrade, Consensus Point, and academic experts on corporate prediction markets. The conference was held at the Kauffman Foundation in Kansas City.
- Red Hat-UNC Long Now Conference (1-2 November 2005). I helped organize sessions for this conference at UNC. Participants included Matthew Szulik (CEO of Red Hat), Molly Broad (President UNC), Roger McGuinn (Musician/Byrds), and top executives from entertainment, internet, and P2P companies.
- Online Gambling: Lessons from the Internet and Bookmaking (23 Oct 2003). Congressman Barney Frank keynote speaker.
- The Law and Economics of File Sharing & P2P Networks (17 June 2004). Jack Valenti, CEO MPAA, keynote speaker.
- Triangle Area Applied Microeconomics Conference (7 December 2002). I organized and ran this academic conference which had 30 attendees.