The layout of this page is primarily intended as an example of how to use the content area to build a home page or start page to a series of web pages. Interior pages may benefit from use of a more vertically oriented columnar design, an example of which is provided here.
Photos, text and graphics may be freely used anywhere in the content area in any format that a developer may choose.
When using the template, please do not:
- use frames
- alter the table width of the content area
- alter the graphic header or footer
- change the destination of the links in the header or footer
- alter the format of the page title and quickfind menu
When using the template, please do:
- edit the page title prior to publishing
- edit the content, keyword and author meta tags
- change the links in the quickfind menu
- add a feedback or contact link to your department
Font selection is controlled by cascading stylesheets for Windows, Macintosh, AIX, and "generic" computers. The stylesheets are in the css subdirectory. Developers may add custom CSS definitions to the stylesheets, but should refrain from altering the existing definitions.
To see an example of the template in use, visit the Secrest Artist Series site or this site.