[OPE-L:7304] Hamza Alavi

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 17:40:43 EDT

A few days ago, I mentioned Hamza Alavi's Capitalism and Colonial
Production (Croon Helm, 1982). Jairus Banaji and he were engaged in
important arguments twenty five years ago.
There is a website address for some of Alavi's writings. From my
cursory perusal of some of these writings, one striking feature of
his thinking seems to be independence of thought manifest in his
attempts to skewer orthodoxies, right and left.
Of course his writings on colonialism and the rise of capitalism are
of less immediate interest than his analysis of the US Pakistani
military relation.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sangat/HAMZA.htm

all the best, r