[OPE-L:2050] Announcement re OPE-L archive

From: Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 17:53:14 EST

As everyone knows, we have been experiencing some problems with our WWW
archives site since early September, 1999.

Allin has created an alternative site to the one in Japan which is now
up-to-date. The url is:

          http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/OPE/archive

There are still some posts missing from September-October but we hope to
fill that gap soon.

I have attached below an announcement of the new site which I will send to
marxism-thaxis, aut-op-sy, SPSM, and econ-value. You are free to forward
that message to other lists and individuals. Basically, other than
announcing the new site, it is an updated re-statement of the message that
was sent announcing that our archives were public on 12/5/98.

***SPECIAL THANKS ARE OWED TO ALLIN FOR CREATING THIS ARCHIVES SITE!***

The WWW archives site for the OPE-L (Outline on Political Economy) mailing
list has been experiencing technical difficulties since September, 1999.

We have, therefore, established a supplementary archives site which
includes the missing posts (although, there is still a gap for part of
Sept-Oct, 99 which we expect to fill shortly).

The url for the site is:

        http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/OPE/archive

OPE-L is a small, closed list of Marxists which has been discussing
controversial issues in political economy since September, 1995. (A
listing of current and former members appears at the end of this
message.)

Our messages were *not intended for publication* -- they were intended to
be read only by list members. We decided, though, to make our archives
public starting in December, 1998 subject to the following condition: *you
may not indicate the authors of any quotes or messages that you cite*.
This applies for *all* publications, including Internet mailing lists and
newsgroups.

*You will be required to agree to the above condition before you will be
granted access to the OPE-L archives*.

Our WWW archives were created by Iwao Kitamura and are being maintained by
Allin Cottrell. All archives are sorted by month. There is a search string
that you can use and "monthly reviews" (for the period up to ) that you
can access.

If you have any questions about the OPE-L archives policy or the list in
general, then you can contact me at this address <glevy@pratt.edu>.

You may forward this message to any interested lists or individuals.

Enjoy!

In solidarity,
Jerry Levy
Coordinator, OPE-L

       *** OUTLINE ON POLITICAL ECONOMY (OPE-L): 1995-2000 ***

Current subscribers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mariko Adachi (Japan) Michio Akama (Japan)
Samir Amin (Senegal) Chris Arthur (UK)
Alejandro Valle Baeza (Mexico) Riccardo Bellofiore (Italy)
Jurriaan Bendien (Netherlands) Rakesh Bhandari (US)
Andrew Brown (UK) Paul Burkett (US)
Antonio Callari (US) Reinaldo Carcanholo (Brazil)
Francisco Paolo Cipolla (Brazil) Bill Cochrane (New Zealand)
Paul Cockshott (UK) Allin Cottrell (US)
Stephen Cullenberg (US) Massimo DeAngelis (UK)
Suzanne de Brunhoff (France) Maria de Lourdes Mollo (Brazil)
Hans Ehrbar (US) Anders Ekeland (Norway)
John R. Ernst (US) Duncan Foley (US)
Alan Freeman (UK) Claus Magno Germer (Brazil)
Paolo Giussani (Italy) John Holloway (Mexico)
Ian Hunt (Australia) Makoto Itoh (Japan)
Seongjin Jeong (S. Korea) Nam-Hoon Kang (S. Korea)
Steve Keen (Australia) Iwao Kitamura (Japan)
Andrew Kliman (US) David Laibman (US)
Costas Lapavitsas (UK) Michael A. Lebowitz (Canada)
Chai-on Lee (S. Korea) Jerry Levy (US)
Eduardo Maldonado-Filho (Brazil) Abelardo Flores Marina (Mexico)
Patrick Mason (US) Akira Matsumoto (Japan)
Stavros Mavroudeas (Greece) Terrence Mc Donough (Ireland)
Ted McGlone (US) Ryu Dong-Min (S. Korea)
Simon Mohun (UK) Fred Moseley (US)
Fanis Papadatos (Greece) Leda Maria Paulani (Brazil)
Michael Perelman (US) Nelson Pinto (Brazil)
Alejandro Ramos (Belize) Geert Reuten (Netherlands)
Bruce Roberts (US) Alfredo Saad Filho (UK)
Anwar Shaikh (US) Ajit Sinha (India)
Gilbert Skillman (US) Murray Smith (Canada)
Tony Smith (US) Nicola Taylor (Australia)
Andrew Trigg (UK) Persefoni Tsaliki (Greece)
Lefteris Tsoulfidis (Greece) Brendan Tuohy (New Zealand)
Philippe Van Parijs (Belgium) Julian Wells (UK)
Mike Williams (UK) Paul Zarembka (US)

Former subscribers:

Carole Biewener (US) Guglielmo Carchedi (Netherlands)
Jim Devine (US) Gerard Dumenil (France)
Heiner Ganssmann (Germany) Dominique Levy (France)
Paul Mattick, Jr. (US) Bill Mitchell (Australia)
Michele Naples (US) Jim O'Connor (US)