[OPE-L:2098] Re: Surplus product in communist society?

From: Jurriaan Bendien (djjb99@worldonline.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 19:03:01 EST

Julian wrote:

> I'm uneasy about the notion of a "surplus product" in a communist
>society.

So am I. If in Marx's "higher stage" of communism the principle of
satisfaction of needs for everyone applies, independently of any exact
measurement of work performed, this would mean that surplus labour has
disappeared. But I am not sure about the anthropological correctness of the
concept of human nature that underpins this vision of a future society. Is
the human being essentially and permanently a "creature of need", a needy
creature as suggested in the Paris manuscripts ?

In solidarity,

Jurriaan