[OPE-L:2245] Re: value form

From: Michael J Williams (michael@williamsmj.screaming.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 17:08:26 EST

I have in mind predication as something stronger than merely a grammatical
device - more like a kind of ontological commitment that constrasts a
predicate (or property) to a substance (or, in some accounts 'subject',
possible as in Kant, a purely logical construct) that has or bears such
predicates or properties.
Thus I assert:
'C is valuable (= has Value)'
'C is *not* Value'
'M aspires to be Value for itself'
'K self-valorises' (= has increasing Value)

Does that make sense?

Michael
Dr Michael Williams
Economics and Social Sciences
De Montfort University
Milton Keynes
UK
fax: 0870 133 1147
http://www.mk.dmu.ac.uk/~mwilliam
[This message may be in html, and any attachments may be in MSWord 97. If
you have difficulty reading either, please let me know.]