[OPE-L:2242] Re: Re: Re: Re: value-form theories

From: Michael J Williams (michael@williamsmj.screaming.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 17:08:03 EST

And I do not understand very well your response. I for one, hold to an
abstract labour theory of value. Labour as grasped by the value-form is the
source of all increase in Value. This is first of all a commonplace of
Classical Political Economy, and more pertinently is demonstrated in the
systematic dialectical presentation - not as early as Marx seems to do it in
Capital, but later, with the development of money and then Capital.

But, as I have just argued in other messages, I cannot grasp Value as a
substance.

Since Reuten-Williams are not running for office, I am not sure what your
remarks about being a 'supporter' are intended to convey? Except perhaps
exasperation, perhaps understandable in the light of the time pressures you
seem to be under?

comradely greetings

Michael
Dr Michael Williams
Economics and Social Sciences
De Montfort University
Milton Keynes
UK
fax: 0870 133 1147
http://www.mk.dmu.ac.uk/~mwilliam
[This message may be in html, and any attachments may be in MSWord 97. If
you have difficulty reading either, please let me know.]