[OPE-L:2334] Just check to see what address is in the "To" field

From: Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 10:10:41 EST

In [OPE-L:2332], Mike W wrote:

> btw, I have switched from Outlook *Express* 97 to Outlook 2000. Does that
> help the problem with the 'reply to' field?

The problem has nothing to do with the software you are using but
appears to be caused by the format for replies that is recognized by your
server. The easiest way to get around this is: a) for you to check to see
that the list address is in the "To:" field before sending a post; and b)
for others when replying to your messages (or mine) to check to see that
the list address <ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu> appears in the "To" field (if
that is difficult, ensure at least that the list address appears in the
"cc" field"; most systems will ensure that this is done if you state
that you wish to "reply-to-all").

I should add that there are a variety of reasons for why I frequently
forward the posts of others. The most common reason is when a subscriber
sends a message from a new or additional address that is not subscribed
and therefore recognized by listproc.

In the future, I would appreciate it if subscribers raise this kind of
question off-list with me.

In solidarity, Jerry