[OPE-L:2472] Re: RE: RE: Profit rate and profit share

From: Alejandro Valle Baeza (valle@servidor.unam.mx)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 12:26:34 EST

P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk wrote:

> Alejandro
>
> Thanks for these quotes [OPE-L:2444].
>
> Was Sloan making his first point to his readers in 1972 only, or is it
> also
> part of the report quoted?

It was part of the Report to Executive Committee, Dec. 1919.

> I can see that the general reader, unversed in business or economics,
> might
> have to have this pointed out, but it would seem extraordinary if
> Sloan had
> to labour this point to the GM Executive Committee -- unless they were
> all
> production engineers or sales managers?

Mr. Durant founder of GM, Mr. Haskell from du Pont company, Mr. Sloan
and few other top executives integrated the Executive Committee. Some
principles pointed out by Sloan "are an accepted part of managment
doctrine today" (1963 is the first edition date of Sloan's book) , "were
no so well known then" (1919). Hence, it is clear to me that Marx
discovered the rate of profit before many (all?) capitalist.

Saludos cordiales
Alejandro