[OPE-L:2547] Re: Marxist critique of the Euro project

From: riccardo bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 09:44:03 EST

There are some papers on this topic in the book I edited for Elgar, "Global
Money, Capital Restructruring, and the Changing Patterns of Labour". If
they are Marxists or not, it's up to you and the PhD student to decide.

r.b.

At 13:18 +0100 18-03-2000, Michael Williams wrote:
>I am supervising a PhD that is attempting to provide a Marxist critique of
>the Euro project. Whilst there are prominent Marxist economists (and others)
>who have written on the Euro, they do not seem to deploy Marxist theory of
>any sort.
>
>The student is investigating Marxists on Money, Marxist theories of the
>State and concepts such as internationalisation of capital, combined and
>uneven development and so on.
>
>What would be most helpful would be any theoretically informed Marxist
>accounts of the Euro, or perhaps of the European Union more generally.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Comtadely greetings,
>

>Michael
>____________________
>Dr Michael Williams
>Economics and Social Sciences
>De Montfort University
>Milton Keynes
>UK
>tel: +1908 834876
>[Home: +1703 768641]
>fax: 0870 133 1147
>http://www.mk.dmu.ac.uk/~mwilliam
>[This message may be in html, and any attachments may be in MSWord 2000. If
>you have difficulty reading either, please let me know.]

        Riccardo Bellofiore
Office: Department of Economics
        Piazza Rosate, 2
        I-24129 Bergamo, Italy