[OPE-L:2592] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: class demarcation

From: Ernesto Screpanti (screpanti@unisi.it)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:02:01 EST

Paul wrote in [2591]

>Ernesto,
>
>>From this and other postings of yours I think we basically agree, but may
>have differences on the "finer" points. I'm not trying to push anything,
>but while I also came to the conclusion that the Soviet Union was
>capitalist ("The Development of State Capitalism in the Soviet System",
>*RiPE*, Vol. 13, 1992) I found that the issue is not a "yes" or "no" but
>rather the trend (which I'm not precisely defining here).

Thanks for the reference suggestion. I did not know that article. My fault.
I'll read it as soon as possible. May I suggest you an article on mine (in
RIPE, 1999) in which I touch on the problem of State capitalism?

>I would agree that "accumulation of capital" is heavily involved in the
>issue, but I may pose the issue of what that would be rather differently
>than yourself. I'm not on sure footing, however, because I would need
>more elaboration of your position first.

If you like, I can send you a draft copy of chapter 8 of the book I am
working on now. In this chapter I develop arguments put forward in the
above mentioned article.

>>In solidarity
>
>>Ernesto

Ernesto Screpanti