[OPE-L:2597] updated listing

From: Gerald Levy (glevy@PRATT.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 09:03:12 EST

Here is an updated listing of all current and former members of OPE-L.

There are -76- current and -11- former members of the list. (this
represents a "turnover rate" which is *remarkably* low for a list that has
been around for over 4 1/2 years).

Of the -76- current members, -66- have at some point written posts. For
the -10- who haven't posted, -4- are relatively new members who have
joined within the last few months. (the "participation rate" is
consistently higher than just about all other Net lists, but the *monthly*
participation rate has fallen from the remarkable heights that it was
at during the first 2+ years of our history).

We are a very *international* list with members in 19 countries and all
continents.

There remains a disparity by *gender* but we have improved in this
area. There are -8- current and -2- former listmembers who are women.

For statistics on the performance of the list in months and years past,
see the now discontinued "THE MONTH IN REVIEW" and "THE YEAR IN REVIEW"
series in the archives.

            http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive

or ask me for the series off-list and I will forward the posts to you.

       *** OUTLINE ON POLITICAL ECONOMY (OPE-L): 1995-2000 ***

Current subscribers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mariko Adachi (Japan) Michio Akama (Japan)
Samir Amin (Senegal) Chris Arthur (UK)
Alejandro Valle Baeza (Mexico) Riccardo Bellofiore (Italy)
Rakesh Bhandari (US) Andrew Brown (UK)
Paul Burkett (US) Antonio Callari (US)
Martha Campbell (US) Reinaldo Carcanholo (Brazil)
Francisco Paolo Cipolla (Brazil) Bill Cochrane (New Zealand)
Paul Cockshott (UK) Allin Cottrell (US)
Stephen Cullenberg (US) Massimo DeAngelis (UK)
Suzanne de Brunhoff (France) Maria de Lourdes Mollo (Brazil)
Hans Ehrbar (US) Anders Ekeland (Norway)
John R. Ernst (US) Duncan Foley (US)
Alan Freeman (UK) Claus Magno Germer (Brazil)
Paolo Giussani (Italy) John Holloway (Mexico)
Ian Hunt (Australia) Makoto Itoh (Japan)
Seongjin Jeong (S. Korea) Nam-Hoon Kang (S. Korea)
Steve Keen (Australia) Iwao Kitamura (Japan)
Andrew Kliman (US) David Kristjanson-Gural (US)
David Laibman (US) Costas Lapavitsas (UK)
Michael A. Lebowitz (Canada) Chai-on Lee (S. Korea)
Jerry Levy (US) Eduardo Maldonado-Filho (Brazil)
Abelardo Flores Marina (Mexico) Patrick Mason (US)
Akira Matsumoto (Japan) Stavros Mavroudeas (Greece)
Terrence Mc Donough (Ireland) Ted McGlone (US)
Ryu Dong-Min (S. Korea) Simon Mohun (UK)
Fred Moseley (US) Fanis Papadatos (Greece)
Leda Maria Paulani (Brazil) Michael Perelman (US)
Nelson Pinto (Brazil) Hugo Radice (UK)
Alejandro Ramos (Belize) Geert Reuten (Netherlands)
Bruce Roberts (US) Alfredo Saad Filho (UK)
Catherine Samary (France) Ernesto Screpanti (Italy)
Anwar Shaikh (US) Ajit Sinha (India)
Gilbert Skillman (US) Murray Smith (Canada)
Tony Smith (US) Nicola Taylor (Australia)
Andrew Trigg (UK) Persefoni Tsaliki (Greece)
Lefteris Tsoulfidis (Greece) Brendan Tuohy (New Zealand)
Philippe Van Parijs (Belgium) Julian Wells (UK)
Michael Williams (UK) Paul Zarembka (US)

Former subscribers:

Jurriaan Bendien (Netherlands) Carole Biewener (US)
Guglielmo Carchedi (Netherlands) Jim Devine (US)
Gerard Dumenil (France) Heiner Ganssmann (Germany)
Dominique Levy (France) Paul Mattick, Jr. (US)
Bill Mitchell (Australia) Michele Naples (US)
Jim O'Connor (US)