[OPE-L:2701] Re: Re: Critique

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 23:34:08 EDT

A reply to OPE-L 2563.

Of course I read the entire piece. I read the entire book, more than
once. I reviewed it in _Rethinking Marxism_.

I stand by what I wrote: "Mattick's account of Marx's theory of
fetishism ... is a positivistic distortion of the actual theory." In
support of this, I examined and criticized two things Mattick wrote.
Rakesh wants to defend Mattick for some reason, but he doesn't engage the
matter concretely. He avoids trying to defend the things I criticized.

Did or did not Marx argue that "the social relation between ... private
labours APPEAR AS WHAT THEY ARE, ... MATERIAL RELATIONS BETWEEN PERSONS
AND SOCIAL RELATIONS BETWEEN THINGS"?

Andrew Kliman