[OPE-L:2756] Re: (3) "Epistemological Break" and Application to Political Economy

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 21:03:05 EDT

Marx, *Theories of Surplus Value*, Vol. 2, p. 169:

"Thus the entire Ricardian contribution is contained in the first two
chapters of his work....They contain the whole of his critique of hitherto
existing political economy, the determined BREAK [my emphasis, PZ] with
the contradiction that pervades Adam Smith's work with its esoteric and
exoteric method of approach, and at the same time, because of this
critique, they produce some quite new and startling results."

Paul Zarembka, supporting RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka

Allin Cottrell <cottrell@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu> said, on 04/06/00 at 08:22
PM: