[OPE-L:2788] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reply to Rakesh on Fred on Althusser

From: John Ernst (ernst@pipeline.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 03:13:50 EDT

It seems to me that M-C-M' is the opposite of the idea that
consumption is the purpose of production. That is, if
the particular capitalist cuts down on consumption, his
profits will grow faster. On the macro level, the idea
is to create an economy in which only Dept. I exists.

The capitalist spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

(Didn't Tugan dream of an accumulation process without
workers?)