[OPE-L:2909] starting point and capital

From: Asfilho@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 13:47:22 EDT

In a previous msg, Fred asks a direct question,

--the main point I wanted to emphasize in my last post, and
want to emphasize again, is that the commodity with which *Capital* begins
is a COMMODITY-AS-PRODUCT-OF-CAPITALIST PRODUCTION, not a general
ahistorical commodity, and not a product of "simple commodity
production" ... Alfredo, do you agree with this point? If so, then I think
that is a very
important point of agreement.

Yes I do agree with it. I don't think you need Banaji's approach to validate
this claim though.

alfredo.