[OPE-L:2918] Determination of Value Transferred

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 03:51:02 EDT

Fred and I have been discussing whether, in Marx's theory, the sum of
value transferred from means of production to products is determined by
the current cost of the means of production when they enter production or
by their post-production replacement cost.

This message, and the three posts that accompany it, continue my end of
the discussion, supplementing my OPE-L 2603. The accompanying posts are
the sections of a recent paper of mine, "The Need for a Genuinely
Empirical Criterion of Decidability among Interpretations." "Need 1" is
section 1 of the paper. "Need 2" is section 2. "Need 3" includes
section 3, references, and endnotes.

This paper is a response to a paper that Fred presented at the EEA
conference last month. His paper, in turn, is a critique of a paper of
mine that I posted to the list last year, which has been published in the
latest volume (1999) of _Beitraege zur Marx-Engels Forschung_. (This
volume also carries papers by Chris Arthur, Alejandro Ramos, Georg
Stamatis -- the editor of the courageous journal _Political Economy_ --
and others you might know.)