[OPE-L:2986] Query

From: ·ùµ¿¹ (rieudm@cuvic.cnu.ac.kr)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 21:24:49 EDT

Nowadays, I'm reading Philip Mirowski's book, _More Heat Than Light_ which, I remember, was citied affirmatively by Andrew somewhere(Actually, I wonder if my remembrance is correct. If not, I'm sorry, Andrew).

BTW. Mirowski talks about two versions of Marx's labor theory of value, i.e.
(1) substance theory & (2) real cost theory. And he argues that "[In real cost theory], all history is defined away as irrelevant"(p.181). For example, Mirowski says that "in the real-cost labor theory, turnover is meaningless, because depreciation and hence turnover are simultaneously determined along with the magnitudes of the labor vlaues..."(p.183).

To my understanding, TSS theory can be classified as REAL COST THEORY. At the same time, it emphasizes the importance of history in the sense that the value of constant inputs must be calculated as their purchasing prices.
How these two positions can be compatible? Or, how Mirowski's book can be cited affirmatively by TSS theorists?
This is my query, especially to Andrew.

Dong-Min Rieu
Dept. of Economics, Chungnam National University
220 Kung-Dong, Yusong-Gu, Taejon 305-764, Korea(S.)
rieudm@cuvic.cnu.ac.kr
http://business.chungnam.ac.kr/~dmryu

----- ¿øº» ¸Þ½ÃÁö -----
º¸³½ »ç¶÷: Andrew_Kliman <Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com>
¹Þ´Â »ç¶÷: <ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu>
º¸³½ ³¯Â¥: 2000³â 4¿ù 28ÀÏ ±Ý¿äÀÏ ¿ÀÈÄ 4:51
Á¦¸ñ: [OPE-L:2918] Determination of Value Transferred