[OPE-L:3002] RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Defining accumulation

From: P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 13:44:01 EDT

Allin,

I inadvertently endowed my enterprise with inventory it didn't need (more
haste, less speed...) which created a confusing example.

Revised version:

On Monday evening the enterprise has:

(a) spare capacity at its current rate of output

(b) Monday's output of yarn, which when sold for £1100 replaces the
circulating capital of £1000 needed for Tuesday's output at the same level
as before, together with a surplus value of £100.

(c) plans to increase output by 10 per cent on Wednesday.

I agree that on Tuesday weavers must have £1100 capital in the form of yarn;
but isn't the point that at the same time the spinners only have £1000
capital in the form of cotton etc.?

There will be book-keeping entries related to both the £1100 and the £1000,
but this seems to leave £100 unaccounted for in physical terms.

What's the physical counterpart of the other £100 received by the spinner?

Julian