[OPE-L:3020] Once again on Slave Labor

From: Chai-on Lee (conlee@chonnam.ac.kr)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 11:46:12 EDT

Dear Fellows,

Please consult Marx's own statements on slavery commodity rpoduction his Capital Volume 2, I found two paragraphs on p. 116 & p. p. 189 in Pelican edition. In them, Marx explains some cases where capitalist commodity productions meet slavery commodity productions. You shold pay a special attention to their previous paragraphs.

After reading, I confirm that it is simply wrong to assume the slave owners extract surplus value from the slave labors. Owing to the poverty of philosophy, people on the ope-l have mistaken monetized surplus products for surplus values. Surplus value is premised on a clear distinction between labor and labor-power, which is not identifiable in slavery commodity production.

Yours

Chai-on