[OPE-L:3084] RE: starting points

From: Michael Williams (mike.williams@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 06:53:00 EDT

I would just like to pose an apparently simple question into the complex and
interesting debate between Fred and Gil. Gil writes:

>there is no useful sense in which
> price-value equivalence constitutes a necessary, or even economically
> relevant, starting point for the analysis of capitalist exploitation.

Is price-value equivalence not a relevant starting point for a (sensibly
useful) 'even if' argument: 'Even if price-value equivalence holds' claims
Marx, 'I can derive the conditions of existence for exploitation of labour'.
And then does it.

Or am I missing something?

michael