[OPE-L:3346] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fwd: Re: RE: Re: objectivity ofvalue

From: Michael Perelman (michael@ecst.csuchico.edu)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 11:36:26 EDT

I did not want to give the impression that all empirical research is a waste of
time. I only intended to say that the pretension of precision is foolish. I
tried to explain -- perhaps not very well -- that we do better to realize that
any empirical calculations are more of the "back of the envelope" variety.

"Patrick L. Mason" wrote:

> But, your point is fundamentally different from Mike and others. They are
> arguing that any type of empirical analysis is a waste of time. You are
> simply saying that there are some theoretical problems with the
> Neo-Ricardian approach to values and prices.

I was also making the anti-neo-Ricardian poing.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael@ecst.csuchico.edu