[OPE-L:3786] Brief reply to Ajit

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 13:44:43 EDT

Ajit Sinha <ajitsinha@lbsnaa.ernet.in> in #3766 said, on 09/07/00:

>(This is also a response to Paul Z's latest call for
>abandoning all attempts to have a theory of prices for Marxian
>economics.)

What I exactly said was that

    "too much time spent on this debate [on the transformation problem] is
a waste of our collective intellectual resources (although of course
brand new evidence like Ramos' needs to be brought out)".

In other words, SOME time is not a waste, too much time is. Effort should
correspond to the importance of the problem.

Marx, quite rightly, abstracted from the transformation problem throughout
Volume One and much of elsewhere of Capital, because there are MANY other
issues demanding our attention and our precision.

Paul Z.