[OPE-L:3801] Revisiting the Unimportance of the Transformation Problem

From: Alejandro Ramos (aramos@btl.net)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 12:57:13 EDT

Comment on Andrew K's ope-l 3782.

"I don't know whether Alejandro Ramos is able to read posts on this list
regularly."

I wasn't. Now I'm on again but have no so much time...

"In addition to the IJPE publication, his paper -- or something very, very
similar -- has also published in the 1999 issue of _Beitraege zur
Marx-Engels Forschung_. Also, Alejandro presented the paper -- or
something very, very similar -- at the 1999 miniconference of the
International Working Group on Value Theory, and Chai-on and others
should thus be able to find it on the IWGVT's website:
www.gre.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt ."

Let me explain this which can sound weird. The version published in the
Beiträge... was the first publication of the article. As the journal is
mainly read in Germany for people working on the edition of the MEGA, Marx
quotations are mainly in the German original. Then, there was a possibility
to publish de article in the US, in the IJPE which is, as you may know, a
"translations journal". So, after checking with the people of the
Beiträge... I decided to publish a "translated" version in that journal.
However, there was a serious misunderstanding between the editor and myself
and the article appearead with the quotations... in German again!!!

Both the versions of the Beiträge... and the IJPE are improved regarding
the electronic version you cite.

"I agree with Paul -- it is a dynamite paper."

Many thanks. I'm grateful for your papers which have helped me very much to
conceptualize this matter.

Alejandro R.