[OPE-L:3866] Re: Phases of Capitalist Development

From: Alan Zuege (daz2@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 17:36:15 EDT

Thanks for the welcome, Jerry. I'm pleased to be joining OPE-L. Below are the contents to the forthcoming book you mentioned:

PHASES OF CAPITALIST DEVELOPMENT:
Booms, Crises, and Globalisations

Notes on Contributors

Preface

Introduction

1. International Relations and Capitalist Discipline
 Kees van der Pijl

2. The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Post-Fordism
 Alain Lipietz

3. The Disintegration of Capitalism: A Phase of Ex-Capitalist Transition
 John Bell and Thomas T. Sekine

4. Capitalist Development in World Historical Perspective
 Giovanni Arrighi and Jason W. Moore

5. Class Struggle and the Global Overaccumulation of Capital
 Simon Clarke

6. The State, Globalisation, and Phases of Capitalist Development
 David M. Kotz

7. Spiral Reversal of Capitalist Development: What Does it Imply for the Twenty-First Century?
 Makoto Itoh

8. Capitalism in the Future Perfect Tense
 Robert Albritton

9. Periodising Capitalism: Technology, Institutions, and Relations of Production
 Gérard Duménil and Dominique Lévy

10. Space, Regulation, and the Periodisation of Capitalism
 Sabah Alnasseri, Ulrich Brand, Thomas Sablowski, and Jens Winter

11. Class, Contradiction, and the Capitalist Economy
 Stephen Resnick

12. Has the Empire Struck Back?
 Alan Freeman

13. Imperialist Contradictions at the Threshold of the Third Millennium: A New Phase?
 Guglielmo Carchedi

14. Periodising Capitalism and Analysing Imperialism: Classical Marxism and Capitalist Evolution
 Alex Callinicos

15. Growth and Change in the World Economy Since 1950
 Michael J. Webber and David L. Rigby

16. Globalise, Globa-lise, Global Lies: Myths of the World Economy in the 1990s
 John Weeks

17. What follows Fordism? On the Periodisation of Capitalism and its Regulation
 Bob Jessop

18. Phases of Capitalism and Post-Capitalist Social Change
 Richard Westra

Bibliography and Select Readings