[OPE-L:3931] Re: Re: Re: Marxists AND Sraffians Misinterpreting Sraffa

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 21:58:42 EDT

A reply to OPE-L 3929.

Paul Cockshott wrote:

: I can accept that factors other than technology and the real wage
: affect the average profit rate in the economy.
: In this sense it varies independently of technolgy and the real wage.
:
: But this is not to deny that technology and the real wage
: also contribute to the determination of the rate of profit.
: Are you actually saying that real wages and technology do not
: influence average profits?

No, I meant it in your first sense -- technology and real wages are not
the *sole* determinants of the average profit rate.

Andrew Kliman