[OPE-L:3974] moral depreciation and the working day

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 15:10:00 EDT

Rakesh writes [3973] re. my last reply on the transformation,

"I don't see how this is a response at all."

OK, time to stop on that topic; the discussion is not going
anywhere.

As for moral depreciation, I've written a note on this (for use
with a class this semester which involves reading Smith, Ricardo
and Marx).  It's available in HTML at

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/moral_depr.html

I argue that while Marx's general point in ch 15 is valid, his
particular use of moral depreciation in that chapter doesn't
really aid the argument.

Allin.