[OPE-L:4021] Re: RE: Re: transforming the inputs (was no subject)

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 21:49:14 EDT

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Chai-on Lee wrote:

> In your iteration, why is the rate of exploitation allowed
> to change in the iterative transformation? Firstly, the rate
> of exploitation should not vary in such operations.
> Secondly, both the numerator and the denomenator in the
> exploitation rate should be valued in the same terms, either
> in the common value terms or in the common pr terms.

Since v is being revalued in terms of prices of production at
each step, holding (s/v) constant would mean changing the figure
for s, thus breaking the equality of total profit and total
surplus value.  I wanted to maintain at least one of Marx's
equalities.  How would you say the iteration ought to go?

Allin.