[OPE-L:4093] Re: Re: Revaluation

From: John Ernst (ernst@pipeline.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 13:26:33 EDT

Re:  4092

Andrew:

A machine is used all day (say for 12 hours) in production.  It's
value is thus fully transferred to the output produced in that
day.  We agree on this.  Yes?

Clearly the machine depreciates by aging during its "off" hours or
the other 12 hours.   I think you're saying that that value is simply
lost and not transferred.  Yes?    If so,  how do we figure this
loss as we compute the rate of profit?

John