[OPE-L:4098] Re: Revaluation

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 22:45:30 EDT

OK, John,

Thanks for responding with your rejection of my claim that "If a machine
doesn't produce any output,
it can't transfer value to that output"?

But what about my other question? -- it isn't the same question at all:

: do you agree or disagree that "in Marx's theory, what
: allows the value of a means of production to be preserved (by being
: transferred) is that it is used in production.  If the same kind of
item
: is *not* used in production, but depreciates through aging (a machine
is
: idled in a slump, and rusts out), its value is lost along with its
: use-value"?

Actually, there are two questions here.  You might want to deal with them
separately.

Ciao,

Andrew