[OPE-L:4237] RE: Re: Re: Part Two of Volume III of Capital

From: Paul Cockshott (paul@cockshott.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 06:20:48 EDT

_______________

Allin wrote:
As regards the transformation, I have this diagnosis.  One
coherent view of the issue is that stemming from Bortkiewicz.
Rakesh:

This is not coherent. The average rate of profit should have no place in
simple reproduction.  See my response to Paul C.
Paul replies:
I would have thought that simple reproduction - long term equilibrium
with no change in technology - is just about the only circumstance
in which one could expect the rate of profit to have a narrow dispersion
about the mean.